Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Loss of a Loved One


"Things Fall Apart" 5.5"x 8.5" Paper, Colored Pencils 2010

For class we got into groups and talked about something or somebody you've lost. One girl lost her grandpa. Although he did not physically die, he did not want to be a part of his family's life anymore. This resonated with me because I never knew my grandfather and I understood not having a grandfather. But I feel she has it worse, while I did not know anything about my grandfather she did and looked up to him and so when he left it's hard to process all that just happened. I drew a person that is still trying to hold onto her grandfather not because she wants to force him to stay but because the grieving process is still alive and perhaps there is a small comfort that he might come back to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment