Monday, September 6, 2010

Wanderlust




"The Searcher" 24"X16" Paper using colored stencils 2010
For my drawing I drew myself as a cowgirl (maybe subconsciously I want to be John Wayne) on a horse. I’m in a desert and there are cactus, cross bones and a vulture to the left. To my right is a blue inanimate object that represents a foreign, new place. I’m placed in the middle and there is a lot of empty space in the background. All of this is my case of having wanderlust. I’ve been living in Florida all of my life and I just want to go around the world and explore. In addition I’m a senior this year and everybody is worried about what grad school to go to or what jobs are available. I just feel that right now I don’t want to be in school for that long. I want to take a year off and actually do that growing, exploring stage. It didn’t help that I just saw that Eat, Pray, Love movie so now I’m super excited to go out and explore. I guess I chose the desert setting because let’s face it Florida feels like a desert maybe even worse it’s not humid in the desert. The cross bones, vulture and cactus are not supposed to be morbid but I feel like if I were to stay in Florida that I would be stunted as a person and that there would be no growth. In contrast in my picture I am going towards and unknown figure and it’s frightening but it’s good because it’s me moving on to a place that is different and most likely a challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment