Monday, November 8, 2010

Directive Frustration

"Yellow" 12"x 9" Pencil and Paper 2010
If I had a client that thought the directive was frustrating than I would tell them to stop and ask them what kind of artwork would they like to do. Or maybe I would ask them why they find this directive frustrating. I know that I didn't think this directive with the word "yellow" was particularly fun or insightful. It felt more like work that I didn't know if I were doing right or wrong and I felt that directive would not provide the most honest results because it is easy to change your mind for the word yellow and not draw or write the first thing that came to mind. I feel that if I made a new directive I would test it out on a group and gauge their reactions and ask them how they feel about it than to use it for the first time on a client.

No comments:

Post a Comment