Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Photo Funsies!

Yea, today was the day when I felt like all this film photo stuff finally came together. Besides, trying to figure out how not to make my pics pitch black I feel I'm getting a hang of this. Too bad, it's a dying art. But yea, seeing all my photos on the contact sheet was exciting because to my amateur eye I was just thinking not too shabby? In honesty, it's pictures of cliche things like trees, my feet, ducks and a smidgen of people I saw that day. It's weird but it felt so personal to me to see those pictures even though they're not voyeuristic in any way. Like when my photo instructor was looking at it I felt slightly embarrassed because it felt like I was revealing a part of me that I wouldn't naturally want out. It's scary but it's part of letting go and being more open. Even though, there seem to never be enough hours in a day I feel optimistic about being creative and getting school work done. Lately, has been really shitty, but I think and feel that things are looking up. It's a slow pace I'm going and makes me feel antsy but it's what I need, to step back and reflect and move on. It's what's good for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment